H.H. Dow High School Band Points of Pride
- The Charger Marching Band is the Sound of Charger Spirit at all home varsity football games.
- With over 250 members, The H.H. Dow High School Charger Marching Band is the largest high school marching band in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
- The Charger Marching Band has accumulated over 100,000 views on their Youtube channel. (chargermarchingband)
- We are very proud to serve the school and community by providing musicians for the DHS Renaissance Fair, Pep Bands for special events, Commencement, the Midland Santa Parade and the Midland Memorial Day Parade.
- Three different concert bands each give at least three free concerts per year (December, February, May). All three concert bands consistently earn high ratings in Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association Festivals.
- Festival adjudicators have called the DHS Symphonic Band “fantastic”, “Outstanding band-one of our state’s finest” and “A musical gem in our state.” The Symphonic Band performed at the Michigan Music Conference in 2012 and 2014. In April, 2016 the Symphonic Band performed at the Western Michigan University Spring Conference on Wind and Percussion Music.
- Over 50 volunteers perform in 3 different award winning Jazz Bands.
- Every year, more than 50 individual students successfully perform in the MSBOA Solo and Ensemble Festival.
- Optional trip to Disney World for clinics, concerts and fun every three years. (2014, 2017, 2020, etc)